If you are like many practitioners working in a community development setting, chances are you were first attracted to the field because you wanted to make a difference. While there’s no doubt our respective services deliver critical outcomes, we still need to be asking, “Can we do more to maximize our role as community builders to partner, collaborate, and innovate in response to increasingly complex issues and challenges?” Participants will leave this session with key learnings, direction, and resources for enhancing their capacity to change lives and communities.
• understanding of the history and background of community development within community settings
• explain the importance of community development in relation to existing trends
• articulate the qualities of a healthy community
• relationship of community development to determinants of health
• articulate the relationship between community development and the delivery of community based services