Future Focused Foundations
(Starts Monday, April 26 2021)
We live in a world of unprecedented change, volatility, and complexity. Individual, community, environmental, and economic well-being will require individuals, organizations, government, and businesses motivated and prepared to serve as catalysts for interdisciplinary, innovative, and future-focused approaches. Ultimately, the transformative change that will be essential requires a different kind of leadership. Most importantly, it will require everyone at all levels - with or without a title - to be part of the innovation and collaboration.
This kind of change will often be one driven by "fourth sector" leaders able to combine the best of the public sector (governments), private sector (for-profits), and social sector (non-profits). This Fourth Sector will require leaders who are willing and able to work across sectors to tackle complicated challenges that the other three sectors have been unable or unwilling to solve.
This course provides an overview of the three components that we're seeing as being essential for future-focused or fourth sector leadership: (1) community-led development, (2) strategic foresight, and (3) systems-thinking. Key learnings, how to's, promising practices, and resources will demystify the confusion many are experiencing while illuminating a clearer direction for moving toward a better future.
Upon completion of this certificate course, participants will be better able to facilitate innovation, systems-thinking, and strategic foresight by:
- applying new models of leadership development and skill-based learning;
- designing strategies that facilitate cross-sectoral dialogue and collaboration;
- supporting citizen engagement that will drive vital, resilient communities, and;
- optimizing collective resources.
FF102 WHY COMMUNITY BUILDING? WHY NOW? (May 11, 2021)
FF103 THE VALUE OF SYSTEMS-THINKING and STRATEGIC FORESIGHT
FF104 OUTCOME-FOCUSED LEADERSHIP: IT'S ABOUT THE WHY
FF105 MEASURING SUCCESS
FF106 BUILDING A COHORT FOR CROSS SECTORAL COLLABORATION
FF107 HOW TO APPLY A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT APPROACH (the process)
WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
Our Priorities For Maximizing Your Learning
- simplify complexity
- ensure meaning and relevance
- provide practical how-to’s, tools, and resources;
- accommodate a variety of learning styles;
- ensure affordability and sustainability
- provide accountability for learning;
- offer flexibility in terms of learning paths;
- promote the development of a culture that reinforces an understanding that everyone is a leader with or without a title;
- build capacity for organizations, government, and businesses to work at a cross-sectoral level.